CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Sunday, January 11, 2009

progress 1.

Celeste Henkelmann's Progress Report One: Ideas. Ideas. Ideas.

I started a journal today; I am finding the creative thesis the most appealing. Friday, I came up with roughly forty thought provoking ideas and I honestly can't, nor want to, narrow them down into one main thesis. Thankfully, they can be looped together, at least I think, in a novel. Most ideas came from my fascination with people:

1. Societies: reactions, trends, public opinion, economics, cultures
2. Individuals: egoism, religion, language

I plan to synthesize these questions into a Camus inspired novel- simple and intriguing. Here are some rough ideas:

1. Characters: homeless man- an anomie, strong
-I would like to conduct interviews of homeless in BR
2. Setting: oppresive society - possibly Russia - not sure time
-I am traveling to Russia this summer and may be able to include
photos

Entails: many interviews, art of writing a novel, art of photographs, cultures

It is quite ambitious, which worries me. However, I am looking forward to having an excuse to pester people with some ideas that I would have otherwise never shared.



1 comments:

celeste. said...

since the comments are on the ehs blog here are the main ideas:

read anna karenina, take pictures, make concise, be wary of simple fiction

here are some more daily ideas:
talk to ms. foster, would a memoir be better?