CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Monday, January 19, 2009

progress 2.

Sources
I have been talking and bouncing ideas off of some people this week including:
Ms. Kelsey (hoping for her to be my adviser)- gave me some books to read, such as those of Kafka and The Glass Castle, and some insight into the life of a wander
Ms. Foster- agreed to help me with the creative writing process
Josh (THANKS)- allowed me to pummel him with ideas and is helping me develop my main character
Ms. Peckman- wants me to join a writing group (possibly at LSU)

I have also been reading (both for ideas and style):
Reinventing the Sacred, Kauffman
Heart of Darkness (surprisingly inspiring, Cohen
Metamorphosis, Kafka
(plan on reading other suggestions soon, so keep them coming!)

And listening to podcasts:
Doubt - overview (I have the book and plan on reading an....)
Chomsky on America

And people watching... creepily (watch out...)

Inquiry
I am curious about the extent society affects individuals, and vice versa. I hope to explore my questions in a subjective novella which encourages others to think and question.

Research Questions
How does society define time, madness, reality, and communication as opposed to that of the individual. How does this relate to an underlying hypocrisy.

Reflection
I am so excited! I think I am still a little starry-eyed, and may not be prepared for the difficulty of transcribing my thoughts. I am also worried it may be amateur and unoriginal. I expect greatness, which is a lot to ask for. I think I have found a good volley-board for my ideas and I am ready to write.

0 comments: